The "Crystal Meth" is not quite a "Detox" or even "The Cure" but its a name that has been talked about in hip hop circles for what seems like years. It has been slated to be the fifth and final solo album from Wu-Tang Clan heavyweight Method Man. With no confirmed release date and no other real information on the project this has left fans fiending for some shit that only Meth can cook up.
"I got a big cup of Method Man lemonade right here nigga, I need to drink this shit, hit me with another album dog..."- Ed Lover on "Tical: 2000"
Mef's last solo "4:21 - The Day After" came out in 2006, well before Walter White broke bad. Since then he has been involved in a number of projects including: "Blackout 2" with Redman, "Wu-Massacre" with Ghostface and Raekwon, two joints on Ghost and Sheek's epic "Wu-Block" and featured on the track "Fire" from U-God's 2013 record "The Keynote Speaker". Mef was heavily involved in the early recording sessions for the Wu's "A Better Tomorrow" putting in some strong lyrical performances which is hopefully a sign of what to expect in the future from Johny Blaze.
Over a year ago Hot Nixon released the artwork for his mixtape "The Meth Lab" and announced it to be released in March 2014. Many fans hoped this would be the prequel to the album, and get things moving. As of now it has still not dropped, further info has been released on this project and it will be more of a "Method Man Presents..." type album focusing on established and local talent from Staten Island. Method Man insisted that the album be recorded and produced in Staten Island, with renowned and newly introduced local artists, by hometown record label Hanz on Music.
“Done in Staten Island, Made in Staten Island for Meth Heads” - Method Man
This double-disc tape acts as a prequel to both "The Meth Lab" and "The Crystal Meth" focusing on Mef's newer and most recent shit. It's cut with clips from the first season of the monster "Breaking Bad" and includes rare joints, guest features, plus a couple of outta the box tunes that might not be to everybody's taste and a few old classics thrown in alongside two legendary rhyme cyphers from the golden era. Listen to the Ticallion Stallion put the High in Heisenberg above and catch the tracklist and download links below.
Look out for this cat, Movin' on your left...
03. Trillmatic ft. A$AP Mob
04. World Gone Sour (The Lost Kids)
05. Candy Licker ft. Shawn Wigs
06. New York New York
07. Cocaine ft. Ali Vegas & Eyes-Low
08. How Do You Want It ft. Dollarmentary & Icarus
09. Lite 1 Witcha Boi ft. Redman & Bun-B
10. Let Me Explain ft. Snoop Dogg & Erick Sermon
11. Black Anthem ft. Heaven Sent
12. Lookin' Fly Too ft. Redman & Ready Roc
13. Take The Heat
14. Closing Argument ft. Suga Bang Bang
15. Box In Hand (Remix) ft. Ghostface Killah & Streetlife
16. St Ides Shaolin Brew ft. Wu-Tang Clan
17. Wake Up Show Cypher ft. Redman
02. The Pit
03. Talk Dirty
04. Double Barrel ft. Math Hoffa
05. Look ft. Redman & Erick Sermon
06. C'est La Vie ft. Soprano
07. Gun Bluffin' ft. J-Love
08. Luke Skywalker ft. Omarion
09. Rite ft. Redman & Loaded Lux
10. The 4 Horsemen ft. Inspectah Deck, Raekwon & Ghostface Killah
11. Shinin' Star ft. Hanz On
12. I Used To Be ft. Redman
13. When It Goes Down ft. Blestenation
14. Wild Things ft. Mack Wilds
15. Who U Talkin' 2 ft. Mr Cream
16. Hold It Down
17. Men Of Respect ft. Raekwon, Eyes-Low, Termanology & Cappadonna
18. M.E.T.H.O.D. Man (Home Grown Mix)
19. St Ides Special Brew ft. Redman
20. Villa 65 Cypher ft. Streetlife
Download Disc 1 Here
Download Disc 2 Here
For anyone who is a fan of "Breaking Bad" check out the video below, this is some funny shit...